As the ghoulish delight of our favorite frights begins to sweep across the land, we must remind ourselves to prepare for the upcoming sugar rush of tasty treats and salivating sweets. We must practice proper oral hygiene to ensure our teeth stay fit and strong for as long as we do. Here are a few tips to help you this Halloween:
– Go for Short Binges, Not Grazing: Avoid snacking over long periods of time and in between meals.
– Brush after Eating: Residue from candy lingers easily in hidden places, especially from hard or sticky candies, so be sure to brush and floss with proper techniques.
– Make a Candy Plan: Decide in advance what should be done with any collected/leftover candy, or else you could find yourself snacking on sugary sweets for weeks.
– Non-Sugar Rewards: Switch out your loved one’s candy with toys, money, or other rewards.
– Opt for Healthy Treats: Eat healthily, and you will be healthy.
– Visit the dentist for an oral exam, or a professional cleaning
– Dental Double-check: Check the candy received for yourself and your family, and remove those pieces that don’t dissolve easily or are washed away in your mouth easily.
If you would like to stop by to get an oral exam from our spooktacular dentists at Shoals Smile by Design, please call us at 256-314-0676, or stop by our office in Muscle Shoals, Alabama.
Have a hauntingly ‘ghoulriffic’ Halloween! Don’t forget not only to exorcise ghosts for a happy Halloween, but also to exercise proper hygiene for a wonderful smile!